Monday, March 23, 2015

I don't like Napoleon

One of the things I have discovered in my researches of all things French Revolution-related is that I really don't like Napoleon.
Despite my dislike of murderers, this wasn't necessarily a given--I regard Genghis Khan as little more than a force of history, after all.
But Napoleon--Napoleon grates. After all, this is a man whose selfies look like this:

And here's a portrait of his son, who apparently has the power of magically not peeing on expensive sofas:

That's his second wife. He divorced his first for the crime of infertility.

And then, of course, he did this to his own army:

I'm sure everyone he invaded wasn't to keen on him, either.

And this was the end of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity?

*Shakes head in disgust and walks away.*

No comments:

Post a Comment